I could do a whole section on comment spam inside of blogs, but here goes my take on it again, and some advice for people just getting familiar with blogging (as well as something the old time spammers need to take note of.)
If you leave a note like this: ITS SPAM!!!!
- "Great site love your work"
- "Great Article check this out"
- "thanks for the info, check this out"
- "great idea, check this out"
Ok you get the idea. If you want to be a good blogger and get your comments posted (at least on this blog), LEAVE SOME VALUE! I don't want: "great site information, love what you do" and a link to some viagra type drug. THATS COMMENT SPAM!
Ideas to leave "comments without spam" but still help build up your branding and link building:
- Do some research on the posted topic and leave some valuable content RELATED to the post.
- Share case studies related to post
- Posts should not be one liners or "one sentences"
- Add content
- Follow the wikipedia.org rules for submitting articles.
When you really start to understand how blogs work (and those that read them) and can build you up inside certain communities (through posting good comments) you will do more for your traffic then by just using search engines! Please remember you don't want your own blogs full of comment spam so stop leaving it!