I have to blog about this to get it off my chest. There are people that should not be allowed to use the internet, or for that matter be allowed to breed (ok that was harsh-so I take it back). These are the same kind of people that for some reason think they can run an internet business; heres why I think this ...
- They don't know the difference between a search box and address bar.
- They just bought a computer yesterday... (do you really think you can understand how to run an INTERNET business?)
- They don't know what a browser is.
- They think Earthlink, AOL, NetZero or other ISPs are their browsers.
- They think that internet explorer is THE INTERNET.
- They think that HTML is a acronym for HOTMAIL
- They don't know the difference between firefox and explorer.
- They don't know what the cursor is.
- They don't know what multiple browsers are.
- They don't know how to copy and paste.
- When you say mouse...they say (in a panic) "WHERE?"
- If it takes you 20 minutes to type in a website address.
- They fear of shutting down their computer cause they don't know how to turn it on.
- They think booting a computer is kicking it hard with the work boots.
- They won't open an attachment (not because they fear a virus) but because they don't know how!
- They don't know the difference between dial-up, DSL or cable.
- The library computer does not count as yours!
I really could go on, but I won't ... It just amazes me that someone who can't even run a computer (or has never been on the internet) thinks he/she can actually succeed with an internet business.
Now I don't profess to know everything cause I don't, but you will never catch me in an OR ... I am not a Doctor nor ever will be, no matter how much Grey's Anatomy I watch!
People can learn I agree, but if you just bought a computer, take a year or so to really learn how to use the computer, and then think about starting an internet business.