As each year comes to an end, we all draw our minds to what’s next.
But in the twilight between today and 2020, we at 97th Floor kick off our annual #20Helps campaign. The campaign was launched five years ago with a simple challenge: Demonstrate the positive power of money by setting aside a $20 bill for good.
We love the #20Helps campaign because it allows us to fulfill our mission of giving back. Being a Pledge 1% organization gives us many opportunities to share with our local and global community. We love that we can add #20Helps to our list of charity doings!
On the fifth year anniversary of #20Helps, we thought to tackle one of the biggest problems in today’s day and age. We thought, how can we use this campaign to connect people together?
This year, #20Helps is an invitation to connect.
As the years pass us by a $20 dollar bill doesn’t go as far as it used to. But when gifted with the love and attention that only comes through a genuine human connection, $20 can impact lives.
Here are a few ideas we thought of to make the most out of #20Helps this year:
- A bag of groceries for a neighbor
- Movie tickets (and baby sitting) for new parents
- Ice cream and a listening ear for a friend
- Lunch with a struggling friend
- Buy something at a kid’s lemonade or hot cocoa stand
- Help fill up a tank of gas
- Extra snacks for your coworkers
- A fine dark chocolate bar for your friend on a diet
- A large tip for your kind rideshare driver
- Helping someone who didn’t know it was “cash only”
- A book you loved to help a struggling friend